The Next Generation by Kagashe_AliAnn
Summary:  

He gave her his proposal, before Naraku was killed. It was her decision, and yet he got landed with the job of raising Kagashe, after Kagome didn't return from the trip she was on.

 


Categories: Action/ Adventure, Romance Characters: Inu Yasha, Kirara, Kohaku, Miroku, Sango, Sesshoumaru, Shippo, Toran
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 19 Completed: Yes Word count: 7155 Read: 119768 Published: 16 Jul 2009 Updated: 05 Aug 2009

1. Chapter 1 The Proposal by Kagashe_AliAnn

2. Chapter 2 Kagome's Decision by Kagashe_AliAnn

3. Chapter 3 The Quarter Demon Child by Kagashe_AliAnn

4. Chapter 4 The Parent-Child Meeting by Kagashe_AliAnn

5. Chapter 5 Shippo's Suggestion by Kagashe_AliAnn

6. Chapter 6 The Saimyosho Mystery by Kagashe_AliAnn

7. Chapter 7 The Returned Memories by Kagashe_AliAnn

8. Chapter 8 Shanaru's Entrance by Kagashe_AliAnn

9. Chapter 9 Follow the Leader by Kagashe_AliAnn

10. Chapter 10 The Mystery of the Shard by Kagashe_AliAnn

11. Chapter 11 Meeting Kagon by Kagashe_AliAnn

12. Chapter 12 The Wolf Family Appearance by Kagashe_AliAnn

13. Chapter 13 Sensing the Jewel by Kagashe_AliAnn

14. Chapter 14 Naraku's Killed Demons by Kagashe_AliAnn

15. Chapter 15 The Broken Barrier by Kagashe_AliAnn

16. Chapter 16 Naraku's Accidental Death by Kagashe_AliAnn

17. Chapter 17 The Plane by Kagashe_AliAnn

18. Chapter 18 Meeting the Psychic by Kagashe_AliAnn

19. Chapter 19 The Ghost Appearance by Kagashe_AliAnn

Chapter 1 The Proposal by Kagashe_AliAnn
Author's Notes:
Please Read and Review!
 

Chapter 1

 

The Proposal

 

As another day was ending, inside Kaede’s hut, Shippo looked at Miroku and Sango, and Kirara was on Sango’s shoulder. Miroku noticed Shippo staring and asked, “Shippo, something wrong?” “Have you noticed how close Kagome is letting Inuyasha get to her?” Shippo asked. “Yep,” Miroku said, “I suspect something is about to happen.” “Like what?” Shippo asked. “Ask when you get older,” Sango said.

Meanwhile, at the sacred tree, Inuyasha was waiting for Kagome, when Kagome popped out of the well. “I wonder why Inuyasha wanted me to meet him at the tree, oh well, I guess I’ll find out soon enough,” Kagome said. Kagome soon came to the tree, and Inuyasha turned to her, and said, “Come over and sit down.” Kagome did as he asked, and took off the backpack, however she did not notice he had his right hand in his pocket. “What is it Kagome asked. “Before I answer, tell me, what’s wrong, I can see that something is bothering you,” Inuyasha said. “My friends want me to take a five year trip and apparently I have no say in the matter. I’d prefer to stay here, but if I did, my family would be blackmailed,” Kagome said, “Your identity would be revealed, do you want that to happen?” Kagome then turned back to Inuyasha, because she had been staring at the ground. “Kagome, do you want me to come with you?” Inuyasha asked. Kagome sighed and said, “They said not to bring along any strange friends.” Inuyasha paused, and said, “Go on the trip, but take this with you,” Inuyasha took his hand out of his pocket, and offered Kagome what was in his hand. Kagome took the small box out of his hand and opened it. “I… Inuyasha… oh,... oh, how beautiful,” Kagome said, grabbing his neck. Inuyasha put his arms around her, but neither of them noticed who was spying on them with an angry look on her face. Kikyo, turned around, and stormed off going far away from the tree. “Why didn’t he give that ring to me?” Kikyo asked as she left. As she spoke Inuyasha’s ears twitched, but he didn’t move away from Kagome.

Just then a soul collector brushed by Kagome and Inuyasha. Kagome let go of Inuyasha, and Kagome asked, “Aren’t you going after her?” “Why should I, I’ve made my choice,” Inuyasha said, totally ignoring the soul collector. She should know that by now.” “Huh!?” Kagome asked, “Did you see her?” “I simply told her to leave, why she is still lingering around, I have no idea, but she is gone, now,” Inuyasha said. Kagome stared at him with a shocked expression on her face. “Come on, we better get to Kaede’s,” Inuyasha said. Kagome grabbed the backpack, and closed the box. The two of them walked, holding hands, back to Lady Kaede’s hut.

End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, they belong to Rumiko Takahashi.
Chapter 2 Kagome's Decision by Kagashe_AliAnn
Author's Notes:

There wasn't a pg, so I had to use the next leval.

Please Read and Review!

 

Chapter 2

 

Kagome’s Decision

“So how many days do you have left?” Miroku asked. “They gave me two days to pack,” Kagome said, looking down. The next day, Kagome and Inuyasha were under the sacred tree, and Kagome said, “Inuyasha will you come over tonight?” Inuyasha nodded and Kagome went to the well.

After leaving the tree, Inuyasha noticed Sango, and he asked, “Sango, why did you…” “Inuyasha, listen I know you wouldn’t notice it, but from the look on her face last night, Kagome wants you to come onto her,” Sango said. “Huh!? How much closer can I get? I mean if I do then…” Inuyasha said. Sango cut him off by saying, “Then what are you waiting for, go for it. Honestly I do envy how close you two are so, be glad that she wants you to.” Sango said the last part to give Miroku ideas, who was hiding in the bushes nearby. “Come on, Miroku, I know you’re over there,” Sango said. Miroku quickly got out of the bushes, and followed Sango back to the village.

Later that night, Shippo came into Kaede’s hut, and asked, “Hey where’s Inuyasha?” “I think he went to the well,” Miroku said. “Hmm… I wonder if he is going to take my advice,” Sango wondered. “If it was a couple of years ago, I’d say no, but now it’s a strong possibility,” Miroku said. “What are you two talking about?” Shippo asked. “Nothing, nothing at all,” Miroku said. “Huh?!” Shippo said. When they didn’t answer, he shrugged and sat down in a corner. “You know Kagome actually slept right beside Inuyasha last night,” Shippo said, “I wonder what’s up.”

At that point Lady Kaede came in. “Shippo did ye not notice the box Kagome had last night?” Lady Kaede asked. Shippo said, “Uh… box?” “They’re fate was sealed, before they came to us,” Lady Kaede said.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the well, Inuyasha was in Kagome’s room waiting for her. Not long after he arrived, Kagome came in. “See you tomorrow, good night Souta,” Kagome said. “Okay, night sis,” Souta said, who had Buyo on his back. Kagome turned around, and Inuyasha asked, “Is what Sango said true? I mean do you really want me to come onto you?” Kagome looked at him in shock, and said, “Was it that obvious?”

When Kagome finally got a hold of herself, she said, “Well if you know, what are you waiting for?” Kagome then got on the bed and pushed herself against the wall. Inuyasha turned the light off, took the Firerat top off, and lay down beside her. “Kagome, are you sure you want to do this?” Inuyasha asked. “What do you mean? You chose me and I in turn choose you,” Kagome said. Inuyasha sighed, and said, “Very well, if it’ll make you happy.” Inuyasha grabbed the sheet, and they put their feet underneath the sheet. Inuyasha then covered them with the sheet, and pressed his lips against hers. Kagome closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around his neck.

End Notes:
Disclaimer:  I do not own Inuyasha and characters, they belong to Rumiko Takahashi.
Chapter 3 The Quarter Demon Child by Kagashe_AliAnn
Author's Notes:

Sorry for the late post, it's been getting a little crazy.

Please Read and Review!

 

Chapter 3

 

The Quarter Demon Child

Eleven years later, Inuyasha was in the sacred tree, asleep, and Shippo was at the bottom of the tree. Inuyasha suddenly awoke with a start, and asked, “What was that? I know the second part was a memory, and nothing else, but…” Inuyasha looked at the well, and said, “I hope that was just a dream.” Shippo looked up at Inuyasha and asked, “Inuyasha?” Inuyasha went to the well and jumped in.

Three weeks later, at the village, while Inuyasha’s team was out looking for Naraku, a young ten year old girl showed up. The girl had silver hair, brown eyes, dog-like ears, a red shirt and pants, and white tennis shoes. She also had a golden heart shaped locket around her neck and she also had the giant yellow backpack. She appeared in the forest of Inuyasha, that morning, and climbed out of the well. “Man how on earth?” the girl asked, dropping the backpack beside the well. “Oh, well, I'd better get to Kaede’s,” the girl said, picking up the backpack.

Around noon, Kaede and the girl were talking, and Kaede asked, “Ye name is Kagashe, correct? Tell me, how did ye come about the well to pass through?” Kagashe pulled the bottle of five pure jewel shards out of her pocket, and Kaede asked, “Kagashe, what happened to Kagome?” "Huh? Oh, yeah, grandma asked me to give this letter to you," Kagashe said, pulling out the envelope, that was in the backpack. Kagashe had been staring at the floor for a while. "I see,” Kaede said, after reading the letter, "Well your father and his friends are due to arrive sometime today. Until then ye are free to stay here." Kagashe nodded and Kaede went outside. "Yousodi, let me know when Inuyasha gets near," Kaede said. One of the guys in a feudal era outfit said, "Of course, something wrong?" "It seems that Kagome was killed during the trip," Kaede said. "Oh I see, and the young demon is her daughter, I'm guessing?" Yousodi asked. "Aye!" Kaede said, "Do not interfere with the meeting, though." Yousodi said, "Of course, Lady Kaede."

As evening approached, and Inuyasha's team came closer, Shippo asked, "Inuyasha, do you think something happened to Kagome?" "SHUT UP!" Inuyasha yelled at Shippo. As they came to the hill, Kaede was standing there. "Kaede?" Inuyasha asked in question. "Inuyasha, can I speak with ye?" Kaede asked. "Go on," Inuyasha told the rest of his group.

End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.
Chapter 4 The Parent-Child Meeting by Kagashe_AliAnn
Author's Notes:
Please Read and Review!
 

Chapter 4

 

The Parent-Child Meeting

Later, back at Kaede's hut, Kaede came in. "Who's this?" Shippo asked. "Her name is Kagashe, Kagome's daughter; she came in this morning," Kaede said. "How'd he take it?" Kagashe asked. "Considering all things rather well," Kaede said. Kagashe looked at the floor and then looked at Kaede, with a questioning look on her face. “He’s at the tree,” Kaede said. Kagashe got up and went out the door. “So where’s Kagome?” Shippo asked.

At the sacred tree, Inuyasha, who was sitting on a branch, said, “I knew something was wrong.” Just then Kagashe came out of the giant leaves, and Inuyasha turned his head. “Who are you?” Inuyasha asked. “Are you… Inuyasha?” Kagashe asked. “Uh… yes,” Inuyasha answered. “My name is Kagashe, and you should know I’m your daughter,” Kagashe said. Inuyasha got down out of the tree, and Kagashe said, looking down, “I did what I could to save her, but the enemy came out of nowhere, that night.” “What night was it?” Inuyasha asked. “The night before the new moon,” Kagashe said, “The attack started an hour before sunset.”

Inuyasha got on one knee, and put his hand on her shoulder. “Don’t worry you did what you could. I think I saw the whole attack in a nightmare,” Inuyasha said. Kagashe nodded and said, “Mom said that if you want me to I could take the necklace off, but I don’t think she would ever do it herself.” “She said… that?” Inuyasha asked. “Uh huh! It has to be your choice though,” Kagashe said. “I’d rather keep it,” Inuyasha said. Inuyasha took his hand off Kagashe, and Kagashe nodded. Inuyasha got up and said, “We need to get to Kaede’s.” “They probably already know about Kagome because they’re with Kaede,” Kagashe said. Inuyasha and Kagashe headed back to Kaede’s.

Once at Kaede’s, Inuyasha said, “Kagashe is coming with us.” “We figured as much, since she is your daughter.” Shippo said. “Sango, we’ll still stay with you, if that is okay with you,” Inuyasha stated. “Sure,” Sango said, “I'll need help to find Kohaku.” “I don’t know how hard it will be to find Kohaku,” Inuyasha said. Sango nodded and said, “Thanks!” The nine year old girl that was sitting next to Sango, said, “we definantly need to stick to one enemy, and one only specifically, Naraku.” “Of course, Sanku, Miroku said. Sanku had a demon-slayer outfit on, and looked mostly like Sango, but had Miroku’s eyes, and had a cross boomerang.

End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.
Chapter 5 Shippo's Suggestion by Kagashe_AliAnn
 

Chapter 5

Shippo’s Suggestion

 

Days later, Kagashe was at a river and had just caught a large fish, when a seven year old wolf boy came up, and tried to steal the fish. “GO GET YOUR OWN,” Kagashe yelled, hitting the boy with the fish, and sending him flying. Kagashe went to rejoin the others, who were watching a fight. When Kagashe got back she noticed that Kouga and her father were having a yelling match.

After she arrived, Kouga turned to look at her and asked, “Who are you and why do you smell of Koame?” “Koame?” Kagashe questioned, “Oh, maybe that’s who that was.” “Where is Koame?” Kouga steamed. “I don’t know, last I saw he was flying towards some trees,” Kagashe said. “You hit him!?” Kouga steamed. “N. M. F. Not my fault. He was the one trying to steal my fish,” Kagashe said. Kouga looked at her and said, “Thanks for the tip!” “What’s wrong?” Kagashe asked. “He knows he isn’t allowed to steal other things, especially from beings stronger than him,” Kouga said, at that Kouga sped off.

All of a sudden Kagashe turned her head swiftly, and her eyes started to follow something, as her brown pupils moved from left to right. “Kagashe! Kagashe!” Inuyasha said breaking her concentration. “Huh? Oh, sorry, what was it?” Kagashe asked. “You okay?” Shippo asked. Inuyasha was also looking at her with a worried look. “Yeah,” Kagashe said. “What were you following?” Shippo asked. Kagashe shrugged and said, “I don’t know!” “Well, let’s go, shall we,” Inuyasha said, not thinking anything about what was being said.

Nights later, everyone was eating at a castle, and Kagashe was being extremely quiet again. Some time later, Kagashe went outside the large room, not noticing that Shippo was following her. “It’s gone again. I wonder what it is?” Kagashe asked in thought. “What do you mean?” Shippo asked. “Shippo… I don’t know, I keep sensing something moving every now and again,” Kagashe said. “Could it be a jewel shard?” Shippo asked. Kagashe looked at Shippo and then back at the sky, which glowed from the quarter moon and said, “Possibly.” “Next time take someone with you and find out what it is,” Shippo said. “I suppose I should,” Kagashe said.

 

End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.
Chapter 6 The Saimyosho Mystery by Kagashe_AliAnn
Author's Notes:
Please Read and Review!
 

Chapter 6

 

The Saimyosho Mystery

 

Three days later, the Saimyosho showed up, and then left. "Why would Naraku send the Saimyosho to spy on us?" Inuyasha asked. As nobody answered, Inuyasha turned and looked at Sango. "Say I wonder if my uncle has something to do with this," Sanku said. "Huh!" everyone else said. "You mean Kohaku?" Kagashe asked. Sanku nodded and said, "It might explain why there have been so many demons out." Everyone looked at the sky and then continued down the road.

At sunset, Miroku noticed a village. "We won't be going tonight to any village," Inuyasha said. "Huh? Why" Miroku asked. "I think I see," Sango said looking at the crescent moon that was starting to appear even though it was still light. "Oh right," Miroku said.

Later that night, in the forest of Power, Inuyasha was talking to Kagashe, who was in her human form. Kagashe said, "It only happens at night and for three nights. This is the first." "I see," Inuyasha said. At the end of the third night, Kagashe noticed something faraway again, but knew she shouldn't leave the group. By the time the sun rose, what Kagashe was sensing was gone.

The third night after Kagashe's final human transformation, everyone was asleep, when Kagashe woke up. Myoga was in the window, and Kagashe got up. "I'm sorry, did I wake you?" Myoga asked. "No, but if I'm not back by the time everyone gets up, I'm going to find out what I've been sensing. I'm taking Kirara with me," Kagashe said. Kagashe went over to Kirara and woke her up. Kirara jumped on Kagashe's shoulder, and the two of them left.

End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.
Chapter 7 The Returned Memories by Kagashe_AliAnn
 

Chapter 7

 

The Returned Memories

 

Thirty minutes later, Inuyasha's team was awakened by a larger hoard of demons then ever seen before. "WHERE'S KAGASHE?!" Inuyasha yelled. Myoga hopped on Inuyasha's shoulder and Sango called, "Kirara, where are you?" "Master Inuyasha Kagashe went looking for something and took Kirara with her," Myoga said. "Well we'll look for Kagashe after we get rid of the demons," Inuyasha said; the battle with the hoard of demons began.

Meanwhile, Kagashe found what she was looking for. "It seems Shippo was right; it is the shards I've been sensing," Kagashe said. Kohaku turned towards her, and backed up. "Kohaku get down," Kagashe said. Kohaku got down, and Kagashe used her claws to destroy the demons.

After Kagashe destroyed the demons, Kohaku got up, "How do you know my name," he asked. "I know your sister. Huh! Come on, in the shack now," Kagashe said noticing the scent of more demons, grabbing Kohaku, and going into an old shack to the right. Kirara got on Kohaku, and Kohaku asked, "Where's Sango? I'd like to join her team, so I can kill Naraku." "Do you remember what happened?" Kagashe asked, noticing the demons leaving. "I remember being controlled by our enemy, Naraku, then killed, and revived by our enemy," Kohaku said. "I see. Well, we've got an open area, so let's get you to your sister," Kagashe said. Kagashe picked up a spirit rock and handed it to Kohaku. Kohaku asked, "Why do you give me this?" "It'll protect you from demons," Kagashe said, "Let's go." At that the three of them left to find their team.

End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, they belong to Rumiko Takahashi.
Chapter 8 Shanaru's Entrance by Kagashe_AliAnn
Author's Notes:
Please Read and Review!
 

Chapter 8

 

Shanaru's Entrance

 

Back at the village, Inuyasha, Sango, Miroku, and Sanku were battling the demons when Inuyasha said, "Man, there's no end to this; what's going on?" "I'll tell you what's going on," Kagashe said. Inuyasha turned, and hollered, at Kagashe over the fight, "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" "Sorry, it took longer than I thought," Kagashe said. "So, what's going on?" Shippo asked. "Oh it seems that what Sanku said earlier was correct," Kagashe said. "Uh... what do you mean?" Shippo asked.

All of a sudden, Kohaku who was standing behind Kagashe got on top of Kirara who was in her large saber-tooth cat form, headed towards Sango, and killed an entire line of demons, which had thrown Sango. Miroku caught Sango. She looked up at Kohaku. "Kohaku?!" Sango yelled. "Does that answer your question?" Kagashe said to Shippo. Kagashe picked up a bow and arrow as Kohaku was battling the demons. Kagashe said, "Well, don't just stand there, help him." Kagashe went to help Kohaku and using the bow and arrow that was near a house, she destroyed some of the demons.

While Inuyasha's team was battling demons, in the west, Toran, of the Panther Devas, was talking to Sesshomaru, when she asked, "Have you seen Shanaru?" "No!" Sesshomaru said. Jaken said, "I saw somebody in white going east, though I don't know who." Sesshomaru looked at Jaken, and said, "You're sure?" "Aye milord," Jaken said. "Jaken, you take Rin and Ah-Un to the castle," Sesshomaru said, "Toran, I will find Shanaru, if you go it may be 500 years before any of us see Shanaru." "Alright, I'll keep an eye out for any Naraku goons," Toran said. Sesshomaru left, and Toran, Rin, Jaken, and Ah-Un headed to the castle.

Back at the village that Inuyasha's team was at, Inuyasha had just used the Adamant Barrage, when a lightning fast whip of light destroyed most of the demons. Those that were left went to attack the fourteen year old boy. The boy wore a white kimono, had a crescent moon on his forehead, with two marroon stripes on each side of his face, freezing blue eyes, and silver hair; he also had a brown, blue, and orange belt, and brown shoes, with armor over the kimono. The demons that were attacking , were killed by the demon boy with ice poison.

Seconds later, Sesshomaru showed up. "Shanaru!" Sesshomaru said. the boy turned and went over to him, and they left. "Who was that boy?" Inuyasha asked. "You didn't notice the markings, did you?" Shippo asked, "I'll bet the boy is Sesshomaru's son," Shippo said. "That was uncle Sesshomaru?" Kagashe asked. "Yep," Shippo said.

End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.
Chapter 9 Follow the Leader by Kagashe_AliAnn
Author's Notes:

Sorry for the late post, we've been having Internet and phone problems.

 

Please Read and Review!

 

Chapter 9

 

Follow the Leader

 

A few seconds later, Kohaku and Kirara landed, and Kohaku got off Kirara. Inuyasha looked at Kagashe, and asked, "Why did you leave with Kirara?" "I had to find out exactly what it is that I kept noticing," Kagashe said. "I don't care don't you know you could have been killed?" Inuyasha said, with his temper rising. "Well it was Shippo who suggested it to me some time ago," Kagashe said. "Good!" Inuyasha said, "Wait what is Kohaku doing here?" "I get the feeling he escaped from Naraku. He said he wanted Naraku dead," Kagashe said, "But don't take my word for it." Kohaku looked at Sango, and said, "Sango?" "Kohaku do you remember me?" Sango asked. "How could I not, we're siblings," Kohaku said.

Hours later, everyone was sitting down, talking to Kohaku, and Sanku suddenly said, "So, you remember what happened?" Kohaku nodded, and Inuyasha said, "Let's all get some sleep, it'll be three hours till sunrise." Kagashe looked at Inuyasha and then the floor she was sitting on. Shippo sat down next to her, after walking over to her. "Yes, he does miss her, even if it doesn't look like it," Shippo said. Kagashe nodded, turned to the corner, and fell asleep.

Two days later, everyone was looking for a large beaver that was terrorizing a village. As they passed an oak tree, in a forest, Kagashe stopped. "Kagashe?" Inuyasha asked. Kagashe turned right and said, "Its coming from that direction." Kagashe headed in the direction she pointed at, and Shippo followed. Everyone else followed Shippo. "What is she following?" Inuyasha asked, while running. "She must be following a shard," Shippo said. "How can you be sure?" Inuyasha asked. "She's been sensing something on and off for awhile. Probably what led her to Kohaku in the first place," Shippo said.

End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.
Chapter 10 The Mystery of the Shard by Kagashe_AliAnn
 

Chapter 10

 

The Mystery of the Shard

 

Flashback: "Shippo I want to visit them, but I don't think father would let me," Kagashe said. "Well I think you should at least tell your father that you left the shard with “him," Shippo said. "Yeah you're right I'll tell him next time we see Kaede," Kagashe said. (End of Flashback.)

As Kagashe was heading towards the area where the beaver was, she said, "I really ought to tell him, that I left New Jersey with four shards. (sigh) Though I wonder how he'll take it." All of a sudden, the beaver appeared, and Kagashe pulled out her bow and a arrow; knowing that everyone was behind her, she said, "There are three of them." The one in the neck got shot with an arrow. "There is one in the tail and head as well," Kagashe said. "Gotcha," Inuyasha said. The shards were easily broken out of the beaver, and Kagashe picked them up, purifying them. "How come you didn't tell me?" Inuyasha asked. "You didn't ask," Kagashe said, "Actually there is something else I've been meaning to tell you." "Later," Inuyasha said, "We need to get to Kaede's. I figure Souta and your Grandparents will be glad to see you, that is if its something you want to do." "Are you kidding? That sounds fantastic!" Kagashe exclaimed. Everyone else noticed the change but didn't say anything.

Days later, Souta, Hitome, Jii Chan, and Kagashe's Grandmother, were all in the kitchen in the modern day world, when Buyo walked up to the opening where the door was being fixed, and said, "Meow!" "What is it Buyo?" Souta asked the cat. "Oh hello Inuyasha, Kagashe," Jii Chan said.

End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.
Chapter 11 Meeting Kagon by Kagashe_AliAnn
Author's Notes:
Please Read and Review!
 

Chapter 11

 

Meeting Kagon

“It’s not like you to come by,” Kagashe’s grandmother said. “Kagashe wanted to come back,” Inuyasha said. “You knew?” Kagashe asked. “It’s pretty obvious,” Inuyasha said. “Oh, I see,” Kagashe said.

Just then a young ten year old boy came through the door. “Oh, hello Kagon,” Kagashe said. “Kagashe, what are you doing here?” the boy asked. The boy had on a blue shirt and pants, with a white belt, and tennis shoes; he also had blue eyes, with short black hair. “who is this?” Inuyasha asked. “This is Kagon; we met the day mom’s friends dropped me off,” Kagashe said. “Yeah, and I’ve been staying here ever since,” Kagon said. “He was part of an orphanage group that came by, and we adopted him, so he could stay here,” Hitome said. “Or if he chooses, he can join you two. After all, he is a fairly good shot with a bow and arrow, and a priest. His family comes from a long line of priestesses coming from Botan,” Souta said. “I was wondering why there was a bunch of demon corspses, in the front yard,” Kagashe said, “So, Kagon did that.” “Wait a minute. Why are demons coming out?” Inuyasha asked. Kagashe and Kagon looked at each other, and Kagashe turned, and said, “It’s the jewel shard that I entrusted Kagon with.” “Huh!? Now why did you do that?” Inuyasha asked. “I figured he’d follow someday,” Kagashe said, “But so far, he hasn’t.” “Actually, I have tried, but I haven’t been able to find you at all,” Kagon said. Kagashe looked at her father, and he nodded. “Then come with us,” Kagashe said, after looking back at Kagon, “You know what to do I guess.” “Alright, I will,” Kagon said.

 

End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters. Rumiko Takahashi does.
Chapter 12 The Wolf Family Appearance by Kagashe_AliAnn
Author's Notes:

To Dagoron on Anime Fanfiction:  I did not know the title of your Naurto was the same as mine.  I just noticed it three seconds ago.

 

Chapter 12

 

The Wolf Family Appearance

 

The next day, after preparing to return to find Naraku, and kill him, Inuyasha, Kagashe, and Kagon went to the well house, and jumped in the well. On the other side, Shippo was waiting, when they returned. Shippo said, “Kagashe, Inuyasha, you didn't stay long.” “Yeah, I know,” Kagashe said. “Who's he?” Shippo asked. “Kagon is his name,”Kagashe said. “Oh, well Kouga, Ayame, and Koame are here,” Shippo said. “WHAT ARE THEY DOING HERE?” Inuyasha yelled. “Come and find out,” Shippo said. The group then headed towards the village, where Kouga and his family were waiting.

Once at the village, Ayame noticed them, and asked, “Where's Kagome?” “Didn't you know?” Kagashe asked. “Know what?” Kouga asked. “Wait a minute. If he wasn't yelling at you for that, then what were you two arguing about?” Kagashe asked. “It was about who would kill Naraku,” Kouga said.

After everything was in the clear, Kouga yelled, “YOU IDIOT! WHY DIDN'T YOU TRY TO SAVE HER?” Bonk! Kouga hit Inuyasha. “Kouga, it was in New Jersey,” Kagashe said, before a fight could break out, “A place that few demons can go to.” “And yet you came from there?” Koame asked. “As if you can't tell, I was born there,” Kagashe said, turning her head. “Wait a minute,” Kouga said, “You're Kagome's daughter, aren't you?” “What? You're just now figuring that out?” Kagashe steamed. “Oh, Koame has something to say,” Ayame said. “Yes, you do,” Kouga said. “Fine, sorry for the fish incident,” Koame said. “Hey, don't say it as a afterthought,” Kagashe said. “Whatever!” Koame said. “We'd best get going,” Kouga said, before Koame had a chance to retort. At that Ayame grabbed Koame, and the three of them left.

End Notes:

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.

 

Please Read and Review!

Chapter 13 Sensing the Jewel by Kagashe_AliAnn
Author's Notes:
Please Read and Review!
 

Chapter 13

 

Sensing the Jewel

 

It has been four years since Kagon joined the team, and mostly everyone in the team were in the middle of fighting Byakuya. Kagon fired a purifying arrow, striking Byakuya, and making him holler. It gave Inuyasha just enough time to fire the Dragon-Scaled-Tetsaiga, to destroy Byakuya. “So much for him,” Inuyasha said. Kagashe had been glaring at Kagon the whole time, and was standing behind the group.

Kagon turned around, and backed up. “Ka... Kagashe?” Kagon stuttered. “Drop dead,” Kagashe said, and left fuming to find Sanku. Kagon stood there for a second, and then followed after Kagashe. “What's her problem?” Inuyasha asked. “You mean you haven't noticed?” Shippo asked. “Noticed what?” Inuyasha asked. “That those two are starting to grow up,” Shippo said. “WHAT!?” Inuyasha yelled, hitting Shippo. “Inuyasha if Sanku is, then Kagashe definately is,” Sango said. “How true, I mean she's almost 15,” Miroku said. “Yeah, so what?” Inuyasha asked.”She'll be growing faster then you, because of the amount of human blood in her,” Sango said.

Meanwhile, Kagashe had caught up to Sanku. Sanku said, “Kagashe, don't be angry at Kagon. I only asked him to help me find some flowers, so I could use them for the graves at the village my mom came from. Isn't that right, Kagon?” “Yes, of course it is,” Kagon said, coming through the door to Kaede's hut. “Oh, I see,” Kagashe said. “I didn't mean to...” Kagashe started to say. “It's not your fault. I should have told you, before,” Kagon said.

Three nights later, the Inuyasha team was deep within a forest.Kagashe, because of the darkened moon was in her human form, and was leaning against a tree, when she turned her head. “Kagashe, something wrong?” Shippo asked. “Shippo, its nothing, go back to sleep,” Kagashe said. “Huh?” Shippo asked, not being a bit fooled. “Shippo,” Inuyasha said. “Yes,” Shippo asked. “Let her be,” Inuyasha said. “Uh, okay!” Shippo said. Kagon walked over to Kagashe and sat down; he scribbled something on a sticky note he had with him, and gave it to Kagashe. The note said, “You sense it too?” Kagashe nodded, and wrote down, “It's too clear.” “Don't say anything until tomorrow,” Kagashe said, keeping a close eye on her father, who was nearby, and grabbing Kagon's shirt. Kagon nodded, and Kagashe let go of him.

The next morning, Kohaku asked, “What were you two talking about last night?” “Jewel shards were and still are nearby,” Kagashe said. “Are you sure?” Inuyasha asked. “Yes! The feeling is too clear to be anything else, but we can tell that they're tainted,” Kagashe said, looking at Kagon. “Yeah!” Kagon said. Kagashe looked back at the group, and said, “There's only one creature that could possibly be holding this one.” “Which way?” Inuyasha asked. “North,” Kagashe said. At that everyone packed up the bags, and went north.

End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.
Chapter 14 Naraku's Killed Demons by Kagashe_AliAnn
Author's Notes:
Please Read and Review!
 

Chapter 14

 

Naraku's Killed Demons

 

Several weeks later, Inuyasha's team was still going north, when Kagashe turned her head. “There's jewel shards heading this way,” Kagon said. Everyone looked in the direction Kagashe was looking in, and three whirlwinds appeared over the hill. Once they got closer, Kouga, Ayame, and Koame appeared. “Where's Naraku?” Kouga asked. “Uh, Kouga... that way,” Kagon said, pointing north. “Oh, okay,” Kouga said, “Let's go Ayame!” At that the three of them went north.

Meanwhile, deep in a dark cave, a green 8-legged lizard walked up to Naraku. The lizard said, “Inuyasha's and Kouga's teams are heading this way.” “What?! Hmmm... Kanna, go slow them down!” Naraku said. Kanna who was sitting in a corner, of the cave got up, and left, but as soon as she was out of Naraku's sense, she went north-east. Naraku said, “ChiChogi, to the castle.” “Yes, master,” the lizard said. The Saimyosho followed the two to a nearby castle.

After the two of them got to the castle, they had a shock, the demons of the castle had somehow all been killed. “ChiChogi, search the castle for the killer,” Naraku said. “Alright Master, but it looks to me like someone used a poison whip to kill the demons,” ChiChogi said. Naraku looked at ChiChogi, and said, “ChiChogi, just go, before I lop off your head.” “Yes Master,” ChiChogi replied. The lizard went through one of the seven doorways, and Naraku said, after putting up the barrier again, “Kanna failed, I see. Oh well, I really need to be ready, for the two teams heading this way.” “You've got bigger things to worry about. Like what will happen to you now,” a voice said. “You... what... how did you get past my barrier?” Naraku asked, backing up.

End Notes:

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.

Chapter 15 The Broken Barrier by Kagashe_AliAnn
Author's Notes:
Please Read and Review!
 

Chapter 15

 

The Broken Barrier

 

The crackle of a demon's claws were heard, as Naraku watched the hand raise and knuckles crackle on the demon that stood before him. “I asked you a question,” Naraku said. “Shanaru!” a girl demon said, landing next to the demon. “Oh, hello mom,” the demon said. “Your father's on his way,” Toran said. “I see,” Naraku said, “You aren't Sesshomaru, are you?” “The name is Shanaru,” Shanaru calmly replied.

Suddenly Naraku looked up, and his barrier started to pulse. “Hmmm... Kouga, huh?” Naraku asked. As the three stood there, ChiChogi's voice was heard, and Naraku didn't blink an eye, as ChiChogi screamed, “NARAKU, HELP ME!” ChiChogi's voice was quickly silenced, as blood was splattered on the walls inside the castle. Not even a second went by, before Naraku was hit by a whip of light. Naraku, who was unaffected by it, turned, and saw Sesshomaru walk through the door.

Outside the barrier, Kouga and his demon bunch, were standing at the edge of the barrier, trying to break in, when Inuyasha's team showed up. “Move, wolf,” Inuyasha said, pulling out his Tetsaiga. He immediately turned the Tetsaiga to black, and Kouga and his wolves moved out of the way. Alright people, follow me!” Inuyasha said. Inuyasha broke down the barrier, and Kouga's team followed Inuyasha's team inside the barrier.

End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.
Chapter 16 Naraku's Accidental Death by Kagashe_AliAnn
Author's Notes:
Please Read and Review!
 

Chapter 16

 

Naraku's Accidental Death

 

While Naraku was starting to battle Sesshomaru, and his family, Naraku's barrier suddenly disappeared. Naraku barely escaped an attack from Bakusaiga, Sesshomaru's sword, because he was looking at his broken barrier. “You seem to be preoccupied with your barrier, Naraku,” Shanaru said. Naraku turned, only to be struck with a poison whip from Shanaru, which barely missed Naraku's heart. Naraku tore off his arm, and replaced it with another arm, because the poison was starting to spread.

Suddenly Kouga's and Inuyasha's teams arrived, and Inuyasha yelled, “NARAKU, YOU'RE GOING TO PAY FOR WHAT YOU DID TO KIKYO!” “All I did was put her out of her misery, two years ago,” Naraku said. “Where's his jewel?” Inuyasha asked Kagashe. “In the shoulder,” Kagashe said. Naraku wasn't expecting Kagashe to say anything, and out of shock, hopped backwards, right into Sesshomaru's sword, stabbing him in the shoulder. “Let's get him now,” Kagon said. As everyone fired on Naraku, who couldn't get away this time, Sesshomaru saw Kanna watching from a distance.

After Naraku was good and dead, Shanaru asked, “Father?” Everyone saw what Sesshomaru was looking at, and turned to see Kanna leave. “Did she want to die?” Kagon asked. “No, that's why she led everyone here. To get us to kill Naraku,” Toran explained. “How strange,” Miroku said, “I never would have thought.” Miroku looked at his hand, and noticed the Wind Tunnel had vanished. “Shanaru, Toran, let's go,” Sesshomaru said. The three of them left, heading south-west. “Uh, that was Toran, wasn't it?” Shippo asked. “Yes, it was,” Sango replied. “Let's go,” Kouga said to his wolves. Kagashe picked up the Jewel, as Kouga's wolves left, heading north. The Jewel began to purify, and after 30 seconds, it was completely purified. “Let's go home, people,” Inuyasha said. Everyone followed Inuyasha, as they headed back to Kaede's village.

End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, they belong to Rumiko Takahashi.
Chapter 17 The Plane by Kagashe_AliAnn
Author's Notes:

The next two chapters are going to be the final in this story; the next story is going to be called What Could Have Happened.

Please Read and Review!

 

Chapter 17

 

The Plane

 

It has been three days, since everyone returned to the village, and Kagashe and Kagon have disappeared from the village. Inuyasha asked Kaede, “Have you seen Kagashe?” “I think ye child said she was going to visit her grand-parents,” Kaede said. “I think Kagon went with her, didn't she Kirara?” Shippo asked Kirara. Kirara meowed in agreement. “Oh, I see,” Inuyasha said, getting up. Inuyasha then headed down to the well, in the forest, and hopped in.

On the other side of the well, Kagashe and Kagon were talking to Hojo and Ayumi. Hojo asked, “So, you told him that the killer had been killed?” “Yes, he knows that her killer is dead, but I didn't tell him how,” Kagashe said. “How come?” Ayumi asked. “He wouldn't be able to understand. He's from the feudal era, you know,” Kagashe said. “Oh, I see,” Hojo said. “Tell me, is your father a demon?” Ayumi asked. “½ demon, actually,” Kagashe replied. “So, how did your mom meet him anyway. I mean he's from a different time, right?” Hojo asked. “There is a secret well on the grounds here, and only certain people can pass through to the other side, which happens to be 500 years before this time. Anyways, she found him pinned to a tree, by an arrow,” Kagashe said. “Oh, I remember that story. You're grandfather once told me about a ½ demon pinned to a tree, but I thought it was an evil ½ demon,” Hojo said. “Well, you know how these legends are,” Kagashe said. “Oh, I see,” Hojo said. At this point, Inuyasha came in and asked, “Why didn't you let me know you were going for a visit?” “I didn't want to bother you, since you usually don't come by,” Kagashe said.

Meanwhile, miles and miles and miles away, in New Jersey, near the battlefield, where Kagome and her friends had last visited, at an airport, a psychic was muttering something, as she was getting on an airplane. This psychic was getting on an airplane, which was heading towards Tokyo, Japan. Once she was in her seat, she said, “Will you be quiet? I'm on the plane, now go haunt someone else, until the ride is over.” There was an old man sitting next to her, who said, “Don't look at me, I'm reading.” “I wasn't talking to you,” the psychic said. “You're Joujinfu, the psychic, aren't you,” the man said. “Yes, and right now, I wish I had decided to be a zoo keeper, or something that didn't deal with ghosts,” Joujinfu said.

End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.
Chapter 18 Meeting the Psychic by Kagashe_AliAnn
Author's Notes:
Pleae Read and Review!
 

Chapter 18

 

Meeting the Psychic

 

At the Shrine, a young nine year old boy said, “Hey Kagon, did you hear about the dance?” “Yeah, but I really don't know if I'll go,” Kagon said. “But, you want to,” the boy said. “Big deal!” Kagon said. “Why don't you ask that demon out? It's the 23rd, the boy replied. “The 23rd, is it?” Hmmm... It just might work. What time does it start?” Kagon asked. “Starts at 10:00 p.m., and ends at 2:00 a.m.,” the boy said. “I just might ask her,” Kagon said. “Okay,” the boy said.

Later, Kagon said, “It'll be on the last crescent moon.” Kagashe said, “I really don't know if he'll let me, though.” “Just ask, what's the worst that could happen?” Kagon asked. “I could get hit, that's what could happen,” Kagashe replied. Inuyasha walked down the balcony, at that point, and said, “Kagashe, if you want to go, then go, its at night, anyway, isn't it?” “You mean, I can go to the dance?” Kagashe asked. “Yes, I'm not going to stop you. Besides, you're going to go anyway,” Inuyasha said. “It'll be in a week,” Kagon said. “Then be ready,” Inuyasha said. Kagashe grinned at Kagon, and Inuyasha left the two. Kagashe said, “I guess I'd better talk to grandma, about what to wear.”

Six days later, the psychic was getting off the plane, and an hour later, she said, “Okay, where now?” “Alright, up the hill, oh,” Joujinfu said, “Not too bad.” At 7:00 Joujinfu arrived at the Shrine, and Jii Chan answered her knock on the door. “Yes,” Jii chan asked. Joujinfu let out a sigh, and said, “My name is Joujinfu, and I'm a psychic from New Jersey...” She was cut off by Kagashe, who said, “New Jersey is where the large army attacked us, and caused mom's death.” “Yes, I know,” Joujinfu replied. “How do you know?” Kagashe's grandmother asked, peering through the doorway. “Should we sit down?” Joujinfu asked. “Yes, by all means,” Inuyasha said, who had been watching.

End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.
Chapter 19 The Ghost Appearance by Kagashe_AliAnn
Author's Notes:
Please Read and Review!  This is the final chapter of the story, but the stories are not over.  Two stories will be back to back.
 

Chapter 19

 

The Ghost Appearance

 

“So, you're telling me that a voice came to you?” Jii Chan asked. “Uh... yes... huh... alright. So, what's going on here?” Joujinfu asked. “A dance,” Souta replied, coming in. “Uh, can I stay until the dance?” Joujinfu asked, exasperated. “Yes, of course,” Kagashe's grandmother said.

The next day, at five, Kagon asked, “What about Kohaku?” “What do you mean?” Kagashe asked. “I mean, his shard was taken a few years ago, but why didn't he die?” Kagon asked. “Kikyo probably had something to do with that. Remember, she put a massive amount of spiritual energy in him, before she was struck by Naraku,” Kagashe said. “Yeah, and then he escaped,” Kagon said. Kagon looked at the ceiling, for a second, and then at Kagashe. “What do you think will happen to him now?” Kagon asked. “Once they have enough time together, he'll probably marry Rin,” Kagashe said. “Hmmm... I guess you're right,” Kagon said, looking away, and grabbing Kagashe's hand. Kagashe noticed it, but didn't pull away. As Kagashe closed her hand, being careful to hold back her strength, Joujinfu walked by, but said nothing.

At 9:55 p. m., Kagashe and Kagon were talking to Yuka's daughter, Sooni, who was three years younger than Kagashe. Inuyasha walked up, and said, “Get going, you three.” The three of them headed down the stairs, and as they did, Sooni said, “I thought she was a type of demon.” “She is, but tonight is the first night of her human form,” Kagon said. “Oh, I see,” Sooni said. Sooni had black hair, like her mom, and green eyes.

As Inuyasha watched from the balcony, Joujinfu slowly walked by. Once Joujinfu left, the banister lights turned off, but no other electric lights turned off. Inuyasha turned around, sensing something behind him, and was shocked by what he saw. “Maybe Joujinfu wasn't lying,” Inuyasha said. An apparition of Kagome appeared before him. Kagome looked at him, and said, “Joujinfu was the only one, who I could ride with. The only way for ghosts to travel, is to have someone that can hear you.” “Makes sense,” Inuyasha said. Kagome said, “Listen, as I was walking with Joujinfu, I noticed that Kagashe is growing up. She has truly chosen Kagon, and believe me, you've done a great job of raising her, even though I should have been the one.” “Sango said the same thing,” Inuyasha said.

Kagome smiled, and walked up to him. Inuyasha didn't flinch, as she leaned against him, to slip her hands underneath his tops, and met his lips. He then put his hands, in an embrace around her, and they stayed like that, for about a while. Kagome then let go, and Inuyasha asked, “Where will you go now?” “To prepare a place for my friends and family,” Kagome replied. A white light appeared, and Inuyasha nodded. Kagome followed the light, and disappeared.

After the light vanished, the balcony lights came back on. Inuyasha turned to look at Kagashe and Kagon. Kagashe had her arms around Kagon's neck, and she waved at him. Inuyasha smiled at her, then he turned, to let her finish her nightly dance. He left, knowing that Kagashe would be happy with Kagon, and that Joujinfu would return home the next day.

End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.
This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1368