A visit like no other by braintrust00
Summary: What happens when Kagome finds out that her family are more than just simple shrine keepers?  When her cousin comes to visit and Kagome learns that not everyone is human, how will she deal?  Can they find and  conquer Naraku before he drastically alters the future, or will modern Japan become feudal Japan?
Categories: Angst/ Drama, Romance > InuYasha/ Kagome Characters: Inu Yasha, Kaede, Kagome Higurashi, Kirara, Miroku, Naraku, Sango, Sesshoumaru, Shippo
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 1082 Read: 5860 Published: 11 Jul 2009 Updated: 11 Jul 2009
Story Notes:

If anyone is interested, I also started a story based on the hit television show,: "Bones".  Here is the link:

www.remembering-bones.com/

Rated PG-13 for adult language.

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha, or its characters.  They belong to Rumiko Takahashi.

1. knock, knock by braintrust00

2. Introduction by braintrust00

knock, knock by braintrust00
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha, or its characters.  They belong to Rumiko Takahashi.

Her eyes fluttered open to stare at the white ceiling above her.  She stretched her arms out and yawned.  A bright color caught her eyes.  Circled in bright red Sharpe on her calendar were the words: Laurynn visits.  Oh my god!  I completely forgot!  Kagome bolted out of bed and straight to her bathroom to get ready.

The doorbell rang and Souta ran towards it.  "I'll get it!"  He opened up and stood a petite woman similar to Kagome.  Her deep brown eyes were in contrast to her natural olive tone.  Eyeliner touched the bottom eyelid of her purple almond shaped eyes, making them stand out.  Her jet black hair fell in waves on her shoulders.  She wore a school uniform similar to Kagome's, only red instead of green.  On her shoulder she carried a light purple book bag and a small suitcase in her hand.

"Hey Laurynn.  How's it goin'?  Mamma's out shopping and Kagome's upstairs."  She ruffled his hair.

"Hey Souta.  Long time no see.  I was just on the longest plane flight ever.  You should come visit to America some time.  I'm sure Papa would pay for your tickets."  Just at that time Kagome flew down the steps and embraced her cousin.

"Laurynn!  I'm so glad your here.   We have so much to talk about."

"I'm sure we do.  You always had the busy life, Kagome."  Kagome pulled her upstairs to the guest room.  The folded up on the bed and Kagome began her story.

---

"I can't believe this!  I knew you were always exciting, but this- this is amazing.  You have to take me some time!"

"Only Inuyasha and I can travel through."

"Well what about since we're family?"

"Souta can't get through."

"What if we hold hands?"

"It's worth a try.  Come on let's go."  The descended the steps.  "Souta, when Momma gets back, let her know we're goin' to the feudal era, 'kay?"

"Sure, sis.  Good luck Laurynn."  With that they were off.

---

Inuyasha leaned against Kaeade's hut as Sango and Miroku were deep in conversation.  Kagome was to get back that day.  Suddenly her scent filled his nose, along with the smell of roses which made him sneeze.  "Kagome's back," he said nonchalantly.  Shippou bounded towards the well with the rest of them in tow.

Kagome pulled her cousin out of the well.  She still couldn't believe it worked.  She stifled a giggle as Laurynn took in her surroundings in awe.  Kagome sat on the cool grass and patted the ground beside her, motioning for Laurynn to sit.  She wanted to relax with her cousin before all her friends showed up.  "Do you think you can remember their names?  I'll introduce them, but, it should be fairly easy."

"Nah, I think I got it.  Inuyasha is the one with the puppy dog ears, Miroku is the lecherous monk, Kirara is the two-tailed cat, Shippou is the fox demon, and Sango is the demon slayer who carries around the giant boomerang."

"Exactly."  She felt Inuyasha's aura.  "Their coming, you ready?"  Laurynn took a shaky breath.

End Notes:

I hope you enjoyed this.  All comments appreciated.

braintrust00 

Introduction by braintrust00
Author's Notes:
I do not own any of the InuYasha characters. They belong to Rumiko Takahashi.

"Yep."  A flash of red and Kagome found Shippou in her arms.

"Shippou!  Did you miss me?"

"Yep."  He looked over at the woman standing next to Kagome.  "Who's your friend?"

"Hold on.  I only want to explain this once."  Inuyasha was next with Sango and Miroku behind him on Kirara's back.  They stopped when they saw Laurynn.  Sango squinted her eyes.

"Laurynn?"  Sango walked forward.

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"Kagome showed me a picture one time.  I'm Sango."  Sango pulled the girl into an embrace.  "It's so nice to finally meet you.  Kagome has told me much."  Laurynn blushed, but she was prepared since Kagome had told her to expect this.  When she stepped back, she looked up at two men.  They were studying her with curiosity written all over their faces.  One had long silver hair and puppy dog ears, which she had assumed to be Inuyasha and the other, had a small pony tail and stood in purple robes which she immediately knew as the monk, Miroku.  The large cat that stood in front of them shrunk into a cute two-tailed kitten that pranced forward and proceeded to jump into Laurynn's arms.

Miroku introduced himself.  "I'm-"

"I know who you are.  You're the lecherous monk, Miroku."  He just shook his head.

"I'm so misunderstood."

"Inuyasha, Kagome has told me a lot about you."

Kagome blushed and Sango wondered what exactly the little miko told her cousin.

"Keh."  The monk walked forward to greet Laurynn.  His hand was just an inch away, when- A smack rang out through the forest.

"Don't touch me monk."  He felt his stinging cheek where she slapped him.

"Okay, everyone.  This is my cousin, Laurynn.  She is staying in Tokyo with me for a while."

Inuyasha just stood and watched Laurynn.  She looked as if she were Kagome's twin.  There was something about her.  Her aura was similar to Kagome's.  Could she be a miko?  He watched as the wind blew and her hair floated around her following the breeze.  The sun broke through the clouds and her purple irises seemed to glow.

Laurynn stared back at Inuyasha.  He was the only one who hadn't said anything and he seemed to be scrutinizing her.  The sun broke through and she could only imagine how her eyes glowed in the pure light.  A fuzzy feeling settled in her stomach and a chill ran up her spine.  The smell of clay and dirt filled her nose accompanied by death.  She flashbacked to the conversation she had about Kikyo, the undead priestess always chasing after Inuyasha.  Her clothes fluttered again as she closed her eyes and focused on the feeling that was settled in her gut.  An image of Kikyo flashed in front of her.  It was definitely the priestess.

"Kagome, Kikyo is coming.  I assume it is her soul collectors that follow."  Kagome stared in awe at her cousin.  Of course she always knew her cousin was not completely human, but this was something completely different.  Not even Inuyasha had picked up her scent.  "She carries a package, but I sense no ill will against you."  Everyone stared at Laurynn then at Inuyasha, waiting for him to say something.

End Notes:
Please review.  All comments appreciated.
This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1359