Tsurugi no Tenshi, Sword of Elements by chibi_shishi
Summary: Kagome is an orphaned hanyo with spiritual powers. It seems that a sword called Kenmi was her parent's murderer's goal. Who's the murderer and will Kagome and the rest of the group defeat him?
Categories: Action/ Adventure, Romance > InuYasha/ Kagome, Romance > Miroku/ Sango Characters: Inu Yasha, Kagome Higurashi
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 7343 Read: 18787 Published: 24 Jun 2009 Updated: 13 Aug 2009
Story Notes:
Just another fanfic I had saved on my laptop. Enjoy!

1. Chapter 1: A Half Demon Priestess by chibi_shishi

2. Chapter 2: Yukina, the Demon of Ice by chibi_shishi

3. Chapter 3: Cat Fist by chibi_shishi

4. Chapter 4: Kenmi, Heaven's Sword by chibi_shishi

Chapter 1: A Half Demon Priestess by chibi_shishi
Author's Notes:
Hey! I'm back with another fanfic. Okay, so lemme explain some things before we go on. The Bone Eater's well has no purpose in this story except as a part of the surroundings. Kagome was never from 500 years in the future, she's an orphaned hanyou priestess. She has a very different past than the original story. This story takes place in the original timeline of InuYasha; 50 years after Kikyo's death and Inuyasha's sealing. And Kagome's still the same happy-go-lucky girl we all know. Just needs less rescuing and can kick evil demon butt! Seriously, why did Rumiko Takahashi make her a damsel in distress? Oh wait, it's called InuYasha: A Feudal Fairytale. Ehehe. Oops.

DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT RUMIKO TAKAHASHI. IF I WAS, I'D BE WORKING ON MY NEW MANGA SERIES RINNE SOMETHING-THAT-I-DON'T-KNOW-THE-NAME-OF AND FIXING THE END OF INUYASHA!

Kagome stared out into the horizon, painted with ribbons of gold, pink, orange and purple. She sat on a stout branch, legs dangling and her head resting on the rough bark of the trunk. Her midnight black cat ears sat atop her similarly colored hair, swiveling around to detect any signs of danger. 'Something's coming.' She sniffed the air to determine if it was a human or a demon. It was only a priestess merely passing through this forest, but Kagome couldn't risk anyone finding out about her half-demon form. She closed her eyes and chanted some words to take on her human form. Her cat ears were hidden by the spell, as well as her claws and fangs. She stood up on the branch and hugged the trunk and began to climb down. “Kyaaah!” Kagome screamed, arms flailing as the branch beneath her cracked and sent her tumbling down. She landed in a bush, saving her from any major injuries. “Guess I should've waited until I got down before changing back.” Kagome mumbled to herself, standing up and brushing off the debris of her red priestess hakama. She made sure that her bow was in her quiver along with several arrows. She went off in a brisk walk, aiming to avoid any contact.

It was the way she'd learned to live, staying away from human and demons as much as possible for self preservation. She went into villages to heal injured or ill people, but besides that, she had no other contact. Her demonic blood was both a curse and a blessing. Sure, she was stronger, faster and more agile than most humans, but that's also the reason that she was forced to live on her own. In short, she lived a very lonely life. Kagome inherited her spiritual powers from her human mother, who was a priestess before she decided to settle down and have a family. Her demonic powers were inherited from her father, the cat demon lord, Kuronekorou from the Eastern lands.

The demon who killed her parents was a son of Inu no Taisho. He'd come to settle their father's fights and killed the cat demon lord and his wife in honor of his late father. The two demon lords...well...let's say they infinitely hated each other's guts times a hundred. She wanted to avenge her parents' deaths, but she didn't know which one of the two brothers of the dog demon lord had murdered her parents. She didn't approve of killing innocent people.

Kagome stopped thinking about her parents long enough to notice that her wandering led her to a village. 'Aaah! I'm so stupid! How can I not have noticed that I wandered into a village!' Kagome mentally scolded herself. She retreated into the forest. 'Where am I?' Kagome thought as she wandered around the unfamiliar forest. 'I feel like I've known this place, yet this is my first time here. Why is that?' She let her aura wander around, discerning if this forest was safe. It seemed pretty safe, no humans or demons had stepped foot in this forest for quite a long time. She dropped the spell and took on her normal form. A strange scent hit her nose like a slap. She curiously followed the scent. It led her to a huge tree, seemingly full of memories, good and bad ones. The tree's thick branches and massive trunk made her feel calm, peaceful, like there was nothing in life to be worried about. She walked around it, gasping as she saw a boy pinned to the trunk by a single worn arrow. Thick vines held up his body, which would've been unsupported except for the arrow buried in his flesh. A gentle breeze blew, lifting the boy's silver hair away from his face. Kagome took a few small steps towards him, and stopped as his silver dog ears twitched, ever so slightly. She panicked and took on her human form. A few moments later, his eyelids fluttered open, revealing confused golden orbs. They swiftly scanned the area, before noticing the dark haired priestess looking up at him. “Y-y-you're alive.” Kagome choked out, staring at him with wide eyes.

“What? Not happy that you weren't able to send me to hell like you planned? Go ahead Kikyo, kill me. I'm just a filthy half-demon to you, aren't I?“ He spat, glaring at her with hate filled eyes.

“What're you talking about? I'm not this Kikyo you speak of.” Kagome said.

“Drop the act. We both know you aren't fooling anyone, Kikyo.”

“I'm not Kikyo!” Kagome shouted, fists clenching.

“Then why do you look like her?! And no one could smell this disgusting except-” He tried to finish, but Kagome cut him off.

“I'm not Kikyo! My name's Kagome, you big idiot! Ka-go-me!” She screamed in frustration, losing her grip on her spiritual powers and accidentally letting the spell drop. Her half-demon features were visible again. “Look what you made me do! Thanks a lot, jerk!” Kagome shouted, crossing her arms over her chest and turned away from him. The boy stared at her with his mouth agape.

“You're not her.” He said, bewildered.

“Well duh, who would I be, the goddess of annoyances?” Kagome said.

“Actually-” He started, but was again cut off by a deadly glare from Kagome.

“Don't even say it.” She warned.

“That explains why the scent was way off.”

“Well do you think I enjoy taking in your scent?! You smell like you haven't taken a bath in 50 years!”

“Well excuse me for being pinned to this damn tree by the damn priestess! Most people aren't neat freaks unlike some people!”

“What did you say?!”

“Wench.” He said.

“Jerk.” Kagome replied.

“Fleabag.”

“Mutt.”

“Bitch.” He said, smirking.

“A-” Before Kagome could finish her reply to that, a loud rumbling sound reached their ears.

“What the hell's goin on?!” The other half-demon shouted as the rumbling grew louder.

“How would I know?!” Kagome shouted back. She took out her bow and fitted an arrow into it. She pulled it back, ready to fire at whatever was making the rumbling. The ground started to shake, cracking, and Kagome jumped backwards to avoid being pulled into the ground along with some dirt. A gigantic mole demon surfaced from the chasm, fur matted, eyes glowing a bloody red, and saliva dripping from its mouth. It bared its teeth, which made look like it was grinning.

“So they have you to guard the jewel now, huh?” It said in a reedy voice. “Are they really that desperate? To have a filthy half-demon to guard the Shikon no Tama?”

“What the hell are you goin on about, you dirty rat?! Kikyo's the one guarding the jewel!” The dog half-demon shouted.

“Oh, you didn't know?” The youkai rat asked, amused. “The priestess died 50 years ago. After she pinned a half demon to a tree. Which I believe is the same one I'm speaking to right now.”

“W-w-what?” He said, but it came out in a half strangled voice.

“You're InuYasha, aren't you? You're that half-demon that she fell for. Pity. She was weakened by the likes of someone such as yourself.” InuYasha? Inu no Taisho's youngest son?! Kagome thought. “Now, for the jewel.” He lunged at Kagome, who was partially distracted.

“Wha?!” Kagome was thrown backwards as the demon managed to claw her side. She groaned as she hit the tree InuYasha was pinned on. She slid down in a crumpled heap at the base of it. “Ugh.” She groaned as she pulled herself upright. “That was dirty. Now, you're gonna wish you never did that.” Kagome said, clutching her side to stop the bleeding. “Ghost Cat Blade!” She shouted, her claws glowing a ghostly green as she leaped upwards and swiped at the demon. Her claws then glowed pink as she swiped at the demon a second time, purifying it. She landed heavily on her feet amongst the ashes of the demon. She limped back to the tree to retrieve her bow, and she noticed a glowing pink jewel lying in a small pool of her blood near the tree. She picked it up, holding it between her thumb and forefinger, examining it. “So this is the Shikon no Tama, huh?” Kagome said, still staring at the jewel. “And if anyone makes a selfish wish on the jewel, it'll be tarnished. If someone, however, makes a pure, unselfish wish, it'll disappear.”

“Can you pull this arrow out? It's annoying. More than you.” InuYasha said.

"Why don't you say that to my face?!" Kagome said, getting irritated.

"See, I would, but I can't tell which side's your face." InuYasha said, smirking. Kagome growled and placed an arrow on her bow, aiming for him.


Flashback

"InuYasha!" Kikyo's cry rang out. An arrow from her bow flew to its target, InuYasha. It pinned him to Goshinboku. The jewel landed on the ground.

"Kikyo...I thought..." InuYasha started, but wasn't able to finish his sentence. Kikyo limped to the jewel, leaving a trail of blood behind her.

"Sister Kikyo!"

"Lady Kikyo!"

"Kaede. Take this jewel and burn it with my body. I shall take it into the next world with me." Kikyo instructed her younger sister with the last of her strength.

"Sister Kikyo!"

End of flashback


"Kikyo." InuYasha said.

"I already told you I'm not-" Kagome shouted, but stopped when she saw InuYasha's pained expression. She lowered her bow and shoved the arrow back into her quiver. She started walking towards him. “I'm not pulling it out unless you answer my question.” She said, breaking InuYasha out of his trance.

“Fine. What is it?” InuYasha snapped.

“Were you the one who killed my parents?” She said, careful not to show any emotions.

“No. I don't know who the hell your parents were.” He replied. “Now get this stupid arrow off me.”

“Does the name Kuronekorou ring a bell?”

“Nope.” He replied.

“You better not be lying or I'll purify you like I did with Mr. Tough-rodent-guy over there.” Kagome said, jerking a thumb back at the ashes.

“Feh. Kikyo already tried that a dozen times. Do I look purified to ya?”

“No, but you will be if you don't answer my question.” Kagome threatened, her hand glowing a bright pink.

“No, I didn't kill a cat demon lord. Why the hell are you asking me this?!” InuYasha growled, getting irritated. Kagome's purifying aura receded and eventually vanished. She sat on the ground, head bowed.

“When I got back...all I found was my parents' dead bodies...” Tears started leaking out of her eyes and she hastily brushed them away. “And a strong scent of a dog demon. It wasn't a regular dog demon's scent, but one of Inu no Taisho's offspring. That's why I'm traveling around, to find out who killed them and avenge their deaths.”

“I didn't kill them. I'm not that cold hearted.” InuYasha said.

“You don't look like you're lying. I believe you, InuYasha.” Kagome wiped away the last of her tears. She climbed up the vines and rested a clawed hand on the arrow.

“Well? Are ya gonna pull the damn arrow out or what?!” InuYasha asked irritably. Kagome's mood lightened.

“Ask me nicely and I'll think about it.” Kagome said.

“Fine.” 'Damn wench.' InuYasha thought. “Will you please hurry the hell up and get the damn arrow off me?!” He asked.

“Ummm...”

“Hurry up, wench! I'm not getting any younger here!” He shouted.

“Oww! You didn't have to yell in my ear.” Kagome said. She pulled out the arrow with ease and InuYasha dropped down on his feet. “Well?” Kagome said, waiting expectantly.

“Well what?” InuYasha asked.

“Well aren't you going to thank me?” She said.

“Sure I will. After you give me the jewel.” He said, preparing to attack her.

“In your dreams.” She held the jewel tighter in her fist.

“Fine, you wanna do it the hard way?” He said, raising a clawed hand. He started running towards her, then jumped up and shouted, “Iron Reaver Soul Stealer!” Kagome jumped backwards, avoiding his attack.

“Hmph. After I free you, this is the thanks I get?” Kagome said as she dodged InuYasha's attacks.

“That's how it works with me.” InuYasha sad as he continued to attack Kagome.

“This isn't gonna end, is it?” Kagome asked herself, then sent a bolt of purifying energy at InuYasha. He fell to his knees and Kagome pulled out some prayer beads and chanted. The beads floated and one by one, each of the beads repositioned themselves around InuYasha's neck.

“What the hell is this?!” InuYasha shouted, trying to pull off the beads.

“It's subjugation beads.” Kagome replied from her current place, in the branches of a tree.

“Get it off me!” InuYasha demanded, still trying to pull them off.

“No can do.” Kagome said, smiling.

“Take it off and wipe that smile off your face!” He tried to attack her again.

“Sit boy.” Kagome said. InuYasha was pulled down by the beads and was currently kissing dirt.

“Ya stupid wench! Get this thing off me!” He said, jumping upwards to attack her, yet again. (A/N: InuYasha is quite persistent, isn't he?)

“Sit boy.” Kagome said as InuYasha was airborne. He was sent plummeting down and made an InuYasha shaped impression on the ground.

End Notes:
So, how was it? I'm gonna introduce Kaede in the next chapter. And I couldn't resist not putting in the sits. It's funny. Review. Seriously, it's not gonna hurt you.
Chapter 2: Yukina, the Demon of Ice by chibi_shishi
Author's Notes:

Me is back with Chapter 2! On with the story!

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN INUYASHA. KIKYO WOULD'VE STAYED DEAD THROUGH THE WHOLE SERIES IF I DID.

 

Chapter 2: Yukina, the Demon of Ice

“Lady Kaede!” A village man shouted. “The village is being attacked by demons!”

“It's been peaceful for the last 50 years, why do the demons choose to attack now?” The elderly priestess wondered out loud as she fetched her bow and arrows. She began shooting down the demons attacking her village.


“They must've sensed the jewel!” Kagome said, hastily putting the glowing pink jewel into her haori.

“Oh, no. No demon's getting the jewel except for me.” InuYasha said. He flexed his claws, ready to attack any demon that tries to get close to the jewel.

“How...nice.” Kagome said, then fixed an arrow into her bow. “Hit the mark!” She said as she let it fly, purifying a bunch of demons. The arrow left behind a pink light as it soared through the air before meeting its intended target.

“That light! That can only come from one priestess!” Kaede said as she noticed the bright pink streak made by Kagome's arrow. “Aaah!” She grunted as a demon managed to wound her side.


“Lady Kaede!” A villager rushed to her side.

“Take me to InuYasha's forest, immediately! I must find out if that purifying light came from Sister Kikyo.”

“Lady Kikyo? But she passed on over 5 decades ago!” The villager looked at the priestess like she was delusional, but helped her on a horse anyway.


“This is my last arrow.” Kagome said as she aimed carefully and let it fly.

“Behind you!” InuYasha shouted as he came from her side to claw at a demon that managed to sneak up on her. “Iron Reaver Soul Stealer!” He said as he tore it up into pieces.

“Thanks InuYasha.” Kagome said before turning back to her opponents.

“Feh. Whatever.” He leapt upwards to destroy other demons. Little did they know that the old priestess Kaede was watching them. 'It can't be. That purifying arrow can only be produced by Sister Kikyo. She was the only one ever known to use the technique. And InuYasha has been unsealed. It must be her, come back from the Netherworld.' Kagome whirled around, sensing more demons. ‘But she moves with inhuman grace. Is it really her?’

“Watch out!” She cried as she ran full speed towards Kaede. She leapt above her and screamed, “Ghost Cat Blade!” The demons behind the elder priestess were purified by Kagome's second swipe. She landed on her feet, breathing heavily. “I'm glad that's over with.” She panted.

“Sister Kikyo? Have ye come back from the dead?” Kaede squinted at the younger priestess.

“Huh? I'm not Kikyo. My name's Kagome.”

“Ye resemble her in many ways. And ye have some abilities that are identical to hers.”

“Ummm...I don't know what you're talking about.” Kagome said.

“Those arrows, and only Kikyo can unseal InuYasha from the God Tree.”

“Hey wench! Time to hand over that jewel! Iron Reaver-” InuYasha, once again, attempts to get the jewel from Kagome.

“Sit boy.” Kagome said, tired of his persistence. He made another InuYasha shaped impression on the ground. “Will ya give it a rest?! As long as you wear those subjugation beads, you won't be able to even come near the Shikon jewel! Get it?!”

“The Shikon jewel?! It cannot be! Sister Kikyo had taken it to the next world with her!” Kaede said.

“I guess it was reborn into my body. When the mole demon tore my side, it came out.” Kagome said.

“So Kikyo did die huh?” InuYasha said nonchalantly.

“Ye speak like ye have only figured it out.” InuYasha gave her a questioning glare. ”Those claws, were the very ones that caused her death.”

“What the hell are you going on about, you old hag?! Kikyo's the one who betrayed me!” InuYasha shouted at the old priestess.

“You stole the Shikon no Tama, did ye not?” Kaede questioned him with an identical glare.

“Yes! Because she betrayed me!” InuYasha shouted.

“InuYasha, just stop. What's done is done.” Kagome said. “And she's hurt, so lay off!”

“No cat, especially you, is gonna make me stop!” InuYasha jabbed a clawed finger at her chest.

“A cat?” Kaede looked at Kagome and finally saw the cat ears on her head. “But how? Spiritual powers and demonic blood can never be contained in the same body. It's not possible.” She raised her bow and grabbed an arrow from her quiver. Kagome's ears drooped. “Begone, or I'll be forced to shoot ye.” Kaede aimed an arrow at Kagome, who made no move to protect herself.

“I'm just another abomination to you, right?” She said sadly. “Here, take the jewel.” Kagome brought out the pink spherical gem. She threw it at Kaede's feet. “Don't worry, I won't stay here long.” She turned away and started walking off. InuYasha growled almost inaudibly and dug his claws into the bark of the nearest tree.

“Wait child!” Kaede called. Kagome paused. “I cannot guard this jewel. My powers will not be sufficient, even with ofuda and barriers. Only the chosen guardian can protect the jewel. I will not question the jewel's choice of its protector.” She held out the jewel to Kagome. “Ye are the jewel's protector, hanyou or not.”

“Aww, isn't that nice? 2 little hanyous and an old witch. Taking the Shikon jewel will be simple.” A feminine voice said. A cascade of snow temporarily blinded the 3 and a silver haired woman appeared from the snow.

“Who the hell are you?!” InuYasha growled, crouching into an attack stance. Kagome did the same while Kaede placed an arrow into her bow, aimed at the woman.

“If you're going to die by my hands in a few moments, you might as well know my name.” She said, smirking. “I'm Yukina, the ice demon.” Snow swirled around her outstretched arm and a crystal-like sword materialized. “What an honor, to be slain by my Aisuken.” She caressed the blade lovingly.

“Enough talk. Prepare to die!” InuYasha charged forward and leapt up a few feet before Yukina. The demon merely looked up and raised her sword. It shot out crystal shaped ice shards at InuYasha. He showed no emotion whatsoever as the shards grazed him, making shallow cuts along his skin. “Iron Reaver Soul Stealer!” InuYasha shouted, bringing his clawed hand down. Yukina blocked his attack with her sword and sent him crashing into a tree with a simple flick. She sent out more ice shards, pinning InuYasha to the tree. Kaede fired her arrow, which the demon deflected with a swipe of her sharp claws.

"You have to get out of here! We'll take care of her.” Kagome said. The older priestess nodded and mounted her horse with Kagome's help.

“Take these.” She said, handing Kagome her quiver. The girl nodded and Kaede urged her horse towards the village and left the two hanyous and the demon.

“What the hell?!” InuYasha shouted, grabbing Kagome's attention. The ice regrouped, forming an icy cage around InuYasha. He struggled against it uselessly, and was soon enveloped.

“InuYasha!” Kagome dashed to his side and quickly clawed at the ice, chunks of it flying. She winced as her hands started to burn. “What's happening?!” She stared at her hands, a purple tinge spreading out from her fingertips into her palms.

“That ice is infused with toxins. You and your friend will be poisoned to death. The dog will probably be having trouble breathing right about now.” Yukina informed her, inspecting her claws.

“Why you-” Kagome flexed her claws, turning to face the demon.

“Oh, and thanks for the jewel. I'll be sure to make good use of it.” She held up the pink jewel between two fingers.

“You give that back! Or I'll have to take it by force!” Kagome said.

“We'll see.” Yukina rested her hand on her sword's blade. “Shimoto.” She called. As soon as the name left her lips, a huge bird with pure white feathers appeared, perched on the demon's shoulder. Ice shattered onto the ground.

“Dammit all. That ice was toxic.” InuYasha growled as he freed himself from the icy cage. “You're gonna regret doing that.” He said, shrugging off the last of the ice.

“Keep them entertained.” She said simply and was swept away by another wave of snow.

“InuYasha, you take care of the bird. I'll go after Yukina and get the jewel back.” Kagome said, turning to follow the demon.

“You let her take the jewel?!” He whirled on her. “Why I oughta wring your skinny neck right now.” InuYasha growled.

“Yeah yeah. You can get mad at me later.” Kagome took off after the cloud of snow that was Yukina.

“Hey! Get back here! I ain’t finished with you yet!” InuYasha screamed at her.

“I’ll be back later! You can yell your little head off at me then!” Kagome shouted back. She resumed jumping from tree to tree, head tilted up to keep the snow cloud in sight.

“Okay pal. It’s just you and me right now.” InuYasha lunged at the bird who easily dodged his claws. In turn, it raked its talons swiftly across his back, tearing through his haori.


Kagome landed on the topmost branch of the pine tree. She gracefully pushed off and landed on another branch. The snow disappeared as it reached the river. “Wha?! Where’d she go?!” Kagome said as her feet touched the ground. ‘What’s going on?!’ A strange pulling told her where the jewel was. She followed it to a clearing.

End Notes:
Thanks for reading! Review!
Chapter 3: Cat Fist by chibi_shishi
Author's Notes:

Hey! For all of those who watch Ranma 1/2, you might recognize the Cat Fist. I kinda borrowed it. In this fanfic, it's a sort of martial arts that all cat demons know. I don't know how well I did the fight scene, so please review and tell me what you think.

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN INUYASHA. I WOULD'VE PUT A WEDDING SCENE FOR KAGOME AND INUYASHA IN THE MANGA IF I DID. That kinda pissed me off. And the Ranma 1/2 ending pissed me off too.

The bird kept its beady eyes on InuYasha, watching his every move. “Stupid bird.” InuYasha commented, then charged forward, claws outstretched. The bird opened its beak and let out a piercing cry which resounded throughout the forest. InuYasha pinned his ears flat against his head, trying to rid himself of the unpleasant sound ringing in his ears. He jumped upwards, the bird following him with its eyes. He landed behind it and attacked, yelling, “Iron Reaver Soul Stealer!” He managed to draw a long gash on its back, making it screech in pain. “Heh, not so tough, are ya?” InuYasha smirked, flexing his claws.

The bird's whole body was suddenly alight with blue flames, making InuYasha jump back so as to not get burnt. It gave another piercing cry before the flames morphed into snow and ice, piling on the bird's body. It grew larger, the snow covering the earlier injury that InuYasha managed to inflict. “What the hell?!” The bird opened its beak once more and multiplied, its copies wearing the same expression; one intent on killing him. They rose up into the air in a circle, then plunged down, sharp beaks ready to tear. InuYasha doused his claws with his own blood, remembering the wound the bird managed to create. “Blades of Blood!” The airborne attack sliced through the birds, turning them back to snow. He whirled around, sensing the bird coming in from behind. Its beak connected with his left arm, drawing blood, before shooting straight up to see the damage it had done to its opponent. InuYasha's arm hung uselessly by his side. “Damn it all. You're going down, bird.” He leapt up swiftly into the trees, making sure that the bird was following him. He easily jumped from branch to branch, turning sharply every one in a while. The bird's large wings made it harder to turn and keep InuYasha in its line of vision. The branches scratched at it, slowing it down. It hovered in its place, stupefied as its prey disappeared.


Kagome got into a defensive stance, her senses on high alert. That demon was somewhere around, just hiding. 'She's here somewhere.' Kagome used her newfound skill to locate Yukina and the jewel. She fit an arrow into her bow and let it fly at a far off tree. Yukina appeared with a wave of snow. “Well now, that wasn't very nice.” The arrow was buried into the bark of the tree, just centimeters of Yukina's left shoulder.

“This one's going through your heart.” Kagome let another arrow fly. Yukina made no move to stop or avoid it. It pierced her flesh, just as Kagome wanted, but the demon seemed unfazed.

“Did you think that a mere purification arrow will destroy me?” Yukina plucked out the arrow and snapped it in half. She hopped down from the branch. “I'm immortal, thanks to the Sacred Jewel.” She held the glowing pink jewel between 2 clawed fingers. “Now it's my turn to attack.” Yukina started running towards Kagome, the snow swirling around her hand once again to form the Ice Sword. “Die.” Kagome threw a barrier in front of herself. Electricity crackled around where Yukina's sword hit the barrier. “It's futile. I'm much more powerful.” Yukina brought her sword down once again, the spiritual energy bursting into pink sparks. Kagome did a backwards handspring to avoid the downwards arc of the weapon. 'I can't kill her with my spiritual powers. If only I can get close enough- The Cat Fist! I can use that!' Kagome thought as she dodged the attacks Yukina fired at her. She crouched in a cat like way. 'Here goes nothin.' She lunged, moving with new feline grace.


InuYasha crouched, hidden in the thick leaves of the tree. The bird hovered, its head swiveling around to find him. He lunged at the bird. It looked up just in time to see InuYasha a hand's breadth away from it. His claws plunged into the bird's back. InuYasha jumped off as the bird plummeted to the ground, landing with a thud. Steam rose up from its unmoving body, leaving nothing but a pile of darkened snow. “Now, to find the jewel.” InuYasha turned and sniffed the air, locating Kagome's scent. He ran after it. 'If I can find the girl, I find the jewel.' He ran through the village, earning whispers and fearful looks from the villagers. Some farmers gripped their farm implements, brandishing it, as if they could take him down with farm tools. He ignored them, focused on finding the girl and the jewel.


Kagome attacked, much like a cat would. She swiped at Yukina in rapid succession, barely giving the demon a chance to block her attacks. She jumped backwards, twisting lithely in the air and landing softly on her feet. She ran forwards, leaping over Yukina and landed behind her. She kicked, catching the demon in the back. She kicked a second time, aimed behind the demon's knees. Yukina lurched forwards, then twisted so that her back would meet the ground and pushed herself upwards with one hand, while the other was outstretched, aimed at Kagome's stomach. Kagome blocked the appendage, grabbing it tightly with one of her own, and swiped at Yukina with her free hand, claws glowing a ghostly green.

Blood dripped down from the 3 long gashes now adorning Yukina's stomach. Kagome released Yukina's hand and jumped back. “Damn you. A lowly half breed. You managed to wound me. Now prepare to die!” She lunged forwards, the Ice Sword in her hand. Kagome dodged the sharp blade, but was caught off guard by the shards of ice that shot out of it. The ice sent her flying towards the trees, pinning her to the bark.

She struggled fruitlessly as the ice started regrouping. It stopped once only her head was left exposed. Yukina was suddenly now in front of her, the sword resting on her right shoulder. She raised it and pressed the blade against Kagome's exposed neck hard enough to draw a thin line of blood. “You will pay for wounding me.” Kagome smirked, then sent a bolt of purifying energy to Yukina.

Electricity crackled around Yukina, singeing her flesh. “You worthless bitch!” Kagome turned her head as Yukina brought her sword down, and waited for the blow. She raised her head and found InuYasha standing in front of her, keeping Yukina from chopping her head off. InuYasha punched Yukina, sending her skidding a few feet away.

“So you can't keep your head on your shoulders unless I'm here.” InuYasha stated, making quick work of the ice trapping Kagome. She landed on all fours.

“My legs are frozen.” She said, getting up on her feet slowly.

“Did you get the jewel?”

“Thanks for worrying about me.” Kagome said sarcastically. “And no.”

“You're telling me you still didn't get the jewel?!”

“Can we finish this later? Yukina's getting away.” Kagome pointed at the retreating cloud of snow. InuYasha crouched down. “Umm, what're you doing?”

“Get on. We're going demon hunting.” Kagome got on his back, fastening her arms to his neck as he gripped the back of her knees. InuYasha shot off like a bullet, jumping off treetops. “Can you shoot her from here?” He called up.

“I think so.” Kagome fitted an arrow into her bow. She aimed carefully, at the heart of the cloud, a pink spot marking where the jewel was. “Hit the mark!” She let it fly, a pink blazing trail in its wake. “It hit!” Kagome said, once again holding onto InuYasha.

A bright pink light covered a patch of the blue sky. Pink light streaked across the sky in different directions like comets. Kagome felt the jewel fly in different directions. “I don't like that feeling.” She mumbled to herself.

“C'mon, where's the jewel?” InuYasha said.

“Obviously not with me.” Kagome replied. InuYasha growled. Kagome laughed. “That way.” She pointed towards the river. InuYasha dropped her. “Hey! That hurts ya know!”

“Keh. Where's the jewel?”

“Umm...” Kagome scanned the water for the pink glow. She found it lodged between two rocks. She stepped tentatively into the water.

“Well, what the hell are you waitin for, wench?!” InuYasha said impatiently.

“You be quiet! And quit calling me wench! My name's Kagome! Ka-go-me!” She shouted back.

“Whatever, Ka-go-me.” InuYasha tucked his hands in the sleeves of his haori 'C'mon Kagome, this isn't the time to be scared of water.' She took another step, feeling the cold water soak her hakamas. 'C'mon, it's just water. It's not gonna bite you.' She took a deep breath and dove in the water. She swam to the bottom, grasping the pink jewel. She swam up, gasping for air as her head broke the water's surface. She paddled to the shore, her soaked ebony locks now sticking to her face, leaving her cat ears in plain view. Her clothes were weighed down by the water. She held the pink jewel in her palm. “That's the jewel? I swear it was bigger before.” InuYasha peered over her shoulder. Kagome laughed nervously.

“That's because it's only a piece of it.”

“WHAT?! You broke the jewel!”

“Yeah, that might be what the pink light was.”

“I'm gonna kill you!” InuYasha lunged for her.

“Sit!” Kagome shouted, sending InuYasha crashing to the ground. “I'm sure we'll find more.”

“We?! What makes you think I'm gonna team up with you?!” InuYasha glared at her. If looks could kill, she would've been cut to ribbons and thrown into an open fire by now.

“You can't sense the jewel shards, now can you? And besides, I broke it, so it's only right that I put it back together.”

“Keh!” Kagome fell to her knees suddenly.

“Why do I feel so weak?” InuYasha looked at her. He found a tiny shard of ice embedded in her shoulder. He pulled it out.

“Yukina probably got this into your back while you were fighting.” He flicked it away. “She must've made it so it drains your energy slowly so you wouldn't notice.

“I feel dizzy.” Kagome stood up, hand on her forehead. She swayed, lurching forwards. InuYasha caught her before she hit the ground.

“That old hag might have a cure. You can't find jewel shards when you're weak.” He picked her up and started sniffing for Kaede. Kagome tried to stay awake, but fell unconscious.


“Hey old hag. The girl got her energy drained by the demon.” InuYasha walked up to Kaede tending to her herb garden. Kaede looked the over, and straightened up.

“Aye, bring her into my hut.” She picked up the basket of herbs and led InuYasha into her hut. She pointed to the futon in the corner and started sorting through her herbs. InuYasha set the unconscious Kagome down and went outside.

End Notes:

So how was it? Please review and tell me what you think. Will someone please review?! It's not gonna kill anyone! *goes on mad rampage*

Kagome: She's going crazy! Get Pocky!

chibi-shishi: Must kill.

InuYasha: I have a better idea. *knocks her over the head*

chibi-shishi: I swear, I'm gonna kill you all if you don't review when I wake up. You too InuYasha! When I get my hands on a sword, you'll be a female inu hanyou! *faints*

InuYasha: *cringes and hides behind Kagome*

Shippo: *comes out of his hiding place* Wow, even when she faints, she makes time to threaten people. Chibi-shishi's awesome! She made InuYasha scared!

chibi-shishi: *mumbles in her sleep* Why thank you! I know I'm awesome!

Miroku: Miss authoress?

chibi-shishi: Touch me, you pervert, I'll mince you with Mashimizu. *rolls over*

Miroku: She's even more violent than InuYasha!

Kagome: Is she really asleep?

chibi-shishi: Must kill stupid antagonist. Water Dragon! Gah! I forgot my math! Lesse, what is the surface of a sphere? Hmm...the formula is 4 pi r to the 2nd power.

Kagome: Oh hey, I needed that! Thanks! *scribbles down formula in notebook*

chibi-shishi: No prob. I always ace my Math tests.

Shippo: What's a Water Dragon?

InuYasha: What the hell did she just say? Was it some kind of spell?

Kagome: No, it's math.

Shippo: What's a Water Dragon?!

InuYasha: I guess a dragon made out of water.

Shippo: *sarcastically* Oh thanks, I couldn't figure that out myself. You're so smart.

InuYasha: Why you little-

chibi-shishi: Lay one hand on him, I'll smack you upside the head and throw you down a lion pit. Mom! Where'd you put my lion pit?!

Sango: Please review!

Chapter 4: Kenmi, Heaven's Sword by chibi_shishi
Author's Notes:

DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT RUMIKO TAKAHASHI, OR A MANGAKA, SO I DON'T OWN INUYASHA. Technically, I am a gensaku-sha. I write stories to be drawn into manga. (By me, when I figure out how. Oh boy, that'll be a lotta work.)

Just to be clear, Kagome's father ruled the Eastern lands (a place protected by a barrier, which allowed only those with pure intentions to pass), where half demons weren't frowned upon and demons and humans lived peacefully. And sadly, I had to destroy it with a mallet, a machine gun, and my sword, Mashimizu. Oh and an army of rabid purple cats with the power to create destructive rainbows.

Chapter 4: Kenji, Heaven's Sword

A young Kagome smoothed down her kimono and sat on the grass. She plucked a small white flower and touched the soft petals with her tiny hands. Her caretaker, Suki, watched over her under the shade of the tree. The wind blew. She dropped the flower as she scented blood in the air, her father's blood to be specific. "Father!" Kagome turned and ran back to the palace.

"Kagome!" Suki ran after the child, confused.

Another scent mingled with the cat demon lord's, Kagome's mother's. "Mother!" Kagome pushed herself to run faster. She came to the blood-strewn courtyard, decapitated bodies of people lay on the ground. Her eyes watered. Who could've done such a thing? She hurried into the castle, following the scent of her parents' blood. She fearfully slid open the doors, the scent of blood that flooded out making her gag. "No." She said shakily, tears streaming down her cheeks. She went over to her parent's corpses. "Mother. Please wake up." Kagome shook her mother's unmoving form. Blood dripped from a wound in her stomach. "Father! Wake up! I don't wanna be alone." She pleaded.

"Ka...go...me." The cat demon lord stirred. "He...stole...the...sword." He breathed in raggedly. "Find...Kenmi...the...sword...find...it..for...your...mother." (A/N: Kenji means 'sacred sword with jewels'.)

"What sword?! Please don't leave me Father!" Kagome begged. All she had for a reply was the rustling of leaves from outside. "No! Father!"

Kagome shot up, screaming. A thump was heard from outside and InuYasha came running in. "What?! Is there a demon?!" He sniffed the air, all senses trying to locate the threat. Kaede glanced at the girl worriedly.

"Something troubling you, child?" Kaede asked.

"No. Just a nightmare." Kagome whispered.

"You made me fall off a branch just for that?! Next time, scream when you're actually need help!" InuYasha shouted then turned to go back outside.

"Sorry for bothering you." Kagome apologized. Kaede nodded and settled back down in her futon. Kagome forced herself back to sleep, without having much success.


Kagome walked out of the hut in the morning, looking completely miserable. InuYasha stayed on his perch, a tree overlooking the small hut. "Oi wench! You look horrible." He said, taking note of her tired eyes and sluggish movements. He added in his mind, 'Even more than usual.' Kagome would've probably sat him for that. He cringed at the thought.

"Shut up and mind your own business." Kagome said and continued walking.

"Jeez. You don't have to bite my head off."

"I'm not a morning person. Now go chase carts or something." Kagome waved her hand in a dismissive manner.

"I ain't a pet dog!”

"Hey, where the hell are you going?! We have to find the jewel shards!" InuYasha stood up on the branch.

"Relax, they won't crumble if we don't find them. I'll be back soon." The inu hanyo dropped down and followed her. He noticed that she looked fully human, no claws or cat ears. he strode out in front, halting her.

"What happened to you? Did you get cursed or somethin?" He brushed back a chunk of hair to reveal human ears.

"No, I'm using a spell. Now if you don't mind, get your hand off me." Kagome's hand closed around his wrist and pulled it away from her head. A look of terror flitted across his face. "Sheesh, I won't purify you." She let the appendage dropped and continued walking. (A/N: I tend to imagine that being purified would kinda be like being electrocuted, and that would certainly not be a pleasant feeling.)

"Kikyo would've shocked me for that." InuYasha said and followed.

"Well I'm not Kikyo. I'm Kagome." She replied.

"Keh." He said half-heartedly. "Where the hell are we going anyway?"

"To find Lady Kaede. I wanna ask her something." Kagome said, spotting the elder priestess gathering herbs. "Lady Kaede, may I ask you a question?"

"Aye, what is it?" Kaede straightened up.

"Do you know about a sword called Kenji?"

"Tis a sword that can control the elements fire, water, earth, metal and wood. That is all I know. Why do ye ask?"

"My father told me that someone took the sword and I needed to find it." Kagome said, leaving out the fact that he told her this as he was dying.

"That does not surprise me. Kenji is a powerful sword."

"Thank you." Kagome turned and left the elder priestess to continue her work. InuYasha opened his mouth to speak, but Kagome beat him to it. "Yeah yeah, we're gonna look for your stupid shards."


"Do you sense anything?" InuYasha asked for the hundredth time in the span of 2 minutes. Kagome was tempted to sit him. 'No, don't sit him, no matter how much you want to.' Kagome said in her mind. "Do you sense anything?" He repeated.

"Quit asking! I'll tell you when I sense a jewel shard!" She said irritably. InuYasha shut up for a few seconds then asked again.

"Sit!" Kagome stormed away, leaving a face planted InuYasha behind her.

"Dammit all. I was just asking." He got up and followed the irritated priestess. Kagome stopped in front of a cave. "Why'd you stop? Did-"

"Yes I sense a jewel shard. Stop before I hit you over the head." Kagome cut him off. "It's in there." 'That scent. It seems so familiar.' Kagome thought as she followed InuYasha inside.

A piercing scream echoed through the caves. They ran inside, Kagome, an arrow fitted into her bow and InuYasha, prepared to tear anything to shreds with his claws.

A blue haired girl was held up by her throat by an ogre. She had a cut on her cheek and a few bruises. "Lemme go, you big ugly freak!" She squirmed. The ogre merely laughed and squeezed her throat tighter.

"Iron Reaver Soul Stealer!" InuYasha severed the ogre's arm and the girl landed on her feet. "Keh, that was easy." He commented as he landed.

"Serves you right for trying to eat me. The girl said then went to Kagome.

"InuYasha! Look out!" Kagome warned. The severed arm flew back to its owner and fused with the body, as if nothing happened. The ogre lunged at InuYasha, who jumped out of the way in time. InuYasha sprang at him, landing a punch at the ogre's jaw, twisting its neck from the force. Kagome fired a purification arrow, which was blocked by a dark barrier. InuYasha jumped back to Kagome and the girl.

"Where's the shard?" InuYasha asked.

"In its forehead." Kagome replied, fitting another arrow. She fired it, shattering the weak barrier on contact and InuYasha charged at it. He plunged his hand into the ogre's forehead, retrieving the shard.

"No, my jewel shard!" The ogre cried out, extending a hand towards InuYasha.

"Too bad pal. It's mine now." InuYasha tossed it up then caught it. The ogre collapsed and it turned into ash, which was blown away by the wind.

"Priestess, do you know of a woman named Kagome, and where she might be?" The girl asked.

"I'm Kagome. Is there anything I can help you with?" Kagome knelt down at the girl's eye level.

"I'm Mizuki, my mother sent me to find you. I'm the daughter of Suki."

"Suki? You mean my caretaker?" Mizuki nodded.

"She said that Shugyoku no Mizu was entrusted to her by your father." (A/N: shugyoku - gem, mizu - water) Mizuki brought out a jewel, which was glowing a soft blue. "It's what controls the water element in the sword Kenji."

"Do you know of anything else about the sword?" Kagome asked the child.

"It's a heirloom passed down from generations in a line of priests and priestesses. And that a shapeshifting demon stole the sword, along with the fire gem, which were both in your mother's possession." Mizuki informed her. Kagome straightened up. "Oh, wait, I remember something else too, about the demon. I think my mother called him Naraku." 'So his name's Naraku.' Mizuki bid her farewell and set off. She waved off InuYasha's call of ' Avoid getting eaten by demons again!'

"Hey didn't you say that one of my siblings' scent was in the air when you found your parents?" InuYasha asked. Kagome nodded. "I'm pretty sure my half-brother's name is Sesshomaru, not Naraku. He's the only living relative I have, though I can't say we're a close knit family." InuYasha suddenly slapped his neck. He extended his hand and a small shape fluttered down. "Hey Myoga. Long time no see."

"Master InuYasha! It's great to see you up and around. Not to mention taste your blood after a long time." It said. Kagome peered at the small figure that sat on InuYasha's hand.

"Lady Kikyo! What?! But I thought-" Myoga looked at the priestess, then to InuYasha, then back at the priestess.

"I'm not Kikyo, I'm Kagome." The priestess said.

"Pardon me, it's just that you two look exactly alike." Myoga bowed to her in apology.

"I've been told."

"So Myoga, what did you come here for?" InuYasha asked.

"Oh right. Master InuYasha, your elder brother Sesshomaru, he's after Tetsusaiga!" Myoga hopped up and down on InuYasha's palm.

"What the hell's Tetsusaiga and why should I care?"

"Master InuYasha! Tetsusaiga is a powerful sword created by the sword-smith Totosai from your father's own fang! It is yours!" Myoga stopped his bouncing.

"And where is it?" InuYasha asked the flea.

"Erm...that, I don't know." InuYasha crushed the flea with his other hand. "Such is the fate of a flea." Myoga said as he fluttered down to the ground.

"InuYasha! That was mean!" Kagome said then bent down to scoop up Myoga.

"Keh!"

"Myoga, do you know of a sword named Kenji, or a demon called Naraku?" Kagome asked. Myoga paced her palm, thinking.

"It's a sword also forged by Totosai, which could control the natural elements. It rivals Tetsusaiga in strength. It is believed, that the sword was wielded by a beautiful goddess. The mighty priestess Midoriko also wielded it. Is there a reason, you ask me this, Lady Kagome?"

"It was stolen from my father, so I'm getting it back."

"As of this demon named Naraku, I've never heard of such a person." The ground started to shake.

End Notes:

Don't forget to review! Or I'll send an army of monarch butterflies to obliterate you.

This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1330