New Additions by MomoDesu
Summary: Sesshoumaru is nervous over a new addition to the family.
Categories: Drabbles Characters: Kagome Higurashi, Sesshoumaru
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 413 Read: 2194 Published: 20 Jun 2009 Updated: 20 Jun 2009
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: Inuyasha and all related characters are property of Rumiko Takahashi.

Written for the dokuga_contest prompt "Pet"

1. New Additions by MomoDesu

New Additions by MomoDesu
"There is much that must be considered," Sesshoumaru said, idly playing with his bangs. He turned to Kagome, who sat next to him on the plush sofa.

Kagome nodded. "I understand perfectly, dear."

"Where will it sleep? Definitely not in bed with us."

"In it's bed, of course! You'd probably roll over and squish it!"

He nodded. "Yes, that wouldn't be good. Will you remember to feed it?"

"What kind of person do you think I am?" Kagome demanded. "Of course I will feed it on time! Do you think I'd deny another living thing nourishment?"

"What about the house? We need to put bumpers on the corners of the coffee table." He pushed his bangs out of his face and leaned down and fiddled with the corner of the coffee table. "These could put an eye out."

"Don't you think that's going a little too far?" Kagome asked, eyeing him.

Sesshoumaru shook his head. "No. They can be dangerous."

She thought for a moment and nodded. "Ok, they can be dangerous. Mama always wondered how Souta got that knot on his forehead when he was a toddler..." she trailed off. "You know, she still to this day blames that on me?"

"We need locks for the cabinets, too."

Kagome shook her head. "Mama gave us some when I was pregnant, we just never used them."

"Alright," he said, leaning back. He started to play with his bangs again. "Locks for the toilet lid."

"Covered again," she replied. The first time she had been pregnant he hadn't gone this overboard. The second time he had gotten a little bad, but he went nowhere near as crazy as he was that moment.

"The fence has been repaired, so that is one less thing to do..." he went off into deep thought again.

The fence had been repaired after little Maru had made his way through it and disappeared for almost an hour, only to be found enjoying cookies with the elderly woman who lived a house over. After that Sesshoumaru had gotten out there himself and fixed it.

"Harmful plants gone from the garden?"

"You got rid of those when I was pregnant with Maru, remember?"

He nodded. "I remember now. What am I missing?"

Kagome had finally had enough of listening to him. He was blowing things out of proportion, which wasn't unusual given his temper problems, but it was getting ridiculous.

"Damn it, Sesshoumaru! We're getting a dog, not having another baby!"
This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1321