It's Not Fair! by Inumimi
Summary: Just a silly little post manga story. InuYasha & Kagome. Hope you enjoy!
Categories: Humor Characters: Inu Yasha, Kagome Higurashi, Kagome's Grandfather, Kagome's Mom
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 651 Read: 2136 Published: 26 Mar 2009 Updated: 26 Mar 2009

1. Chapter 1 by Inumimi

Chapter 1 by Inumimi

Disclainer: InuYasha belongs to Rumiko Takahasi and her publishers. No profit is made from this story. No copyright infringement is intended.

It’s not fair!


Kagome just could not believe it – it just was so unfair!

Kagome was happy - for the most part.

After purifying the Shikon No Tama, InuYasha and she had been trapped in the future. Kagome thought InuYasha was going to be miserable, but as it turned out he was adjusting quite well.

The first month had been hard on the poor hanyou. It was bad enough that he had to wear a bandana over his ears whenever he left the house, but he also had to learn to wear modern clothes and even shoes.

Kagome’s mother and grandfather had then set about filling InuYasha in on all that had happened in the last 500 years, the history of Japan, the world, and most importantly inventions. As it turned out once InuYasha was given a chronological view of the world and all of its marvels, things started to make sense. Kagome’s grandfather in particular was able to explain modern technology in a simple way that InuYasha could follow. Once he realized that almost no one really understood how things actually worked, he felt a lot better.

Then a letter had arrived, from Sesshoumaru of all people. Enclosed had been a concealment ring, identification documents and a credit card. Sesshoumaru’s letter explained that ring would make InuYasha appear human without changing his overall appearance too much. The identification documents listed an InuYasha Taisho, age 20 born in Tokyo. The credit card it turned out was linked to a bank account which would receive a modest monthly allowance.

Sesshoumaru’s letter explained that once InuYasha and Kagome had disappeared he had demanded a full explanation from Sango and Miroku. No longer seeing any possible harm, they had explained when Kagome was really from. Sesshoumaru had been keeping tabs on the shrine and therefore knew when the well had finally closed.

The letter went on to explain that Sesshoumaru wanted to let InuYasha take his time acclimating to, and learning about his new world. He also expected InuYasha to educate himself.

Sesshoumaru did not think it proper that Kagome’s family bear the financial burden of dressing and feeding his brother, hence the monthly allowance.

If InuYasha showed himself worthy, applied himself to education, learned about his new world, then Sesshoumaru would be pleased to welcome and acknowledge InuYasha as his brother. InuYasha had proved himself to be a worthy opponent and warrior of the feudal era, could InuYasha prove himself by the standards of the modern world?

On a personal level things were going even better. InuYasha had let Kagome know that he was begrudgingly adhering to the modern notion that 16 was too young to mate youkai style (or get married for that matter), but that the very second she turned 18 he wanted to get married (both human and youkai style). For the time being they were “going steady” and InuYasha had gone so far as to give her a ring.

No, Kagome was happy, for the most part. It was the whole education thing that was starting to bother her. InuYasha had been learning so fast that it had not been long before Kagome’s mother secretly contacted Sesshoumaru, InuYasha needed a real tutor, she had taught him all the basics, now he need a qualified teacher, she even thought InuYasha was more than smart enough for university. Sesshoumaru had been more than happy to supply a tutor.

In less than a year InuYasha had caught up with Kagome and soon would be passing her and she was truly happy for her hanyou – except for one thing –

InuYasha’s favorite subject -

he thought it was fun,

he thought it was easy;

he wanted to study it at a university level….

HE LOVED MATH!

IT WAS JUST SO UNFAIR!!

 

This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1137